Friday, October 5, 2012

Just 1

So she's off to Korea on a company trip.. and I'm stuck here in Penang.

For the most part, I'm happy coz it's gonna be an opportunity for her to see new places, experience new tastes, and just break free from everything here for the moment. Besides, she deserves it after what she's been through in the past 10 months! And that's what I constantly tell myself too in between my incessant worrying & sleepless nights.

But in reality, this is the loneliest I've been for a long, long time. 

If you think this entry is meant to reflect my clingy-ness & pathetic wallowing in self-despair at being left at home, then it is far from it. Instead it is an appreciation for someone whose presence makes my world meaningful.


We often take the people around us for granted & only realize how important they are until we find ourselves without them. Not me. I know how important she is. And I miss it. I miss everything about her... her laugh, her smile, her innocence,the warm feeling of her palm on my cheek, her fingers running through whatever hair I have left on my head, even her bite on my shoulders, everything. When she's around, everything just falls into place; chaos becomes control, and life has meaning beyond your own. I see things differently. I think differently. And I act with regards for others. I become more than just a man, I become a person of value.

We underestimate the influence of 1 person. But it usually only takes 1 person to affect the course of a life or a lifetime. Even the history books will tell you that's true - Helen of Troy, Joan of Arc, Nefertiti of Egypt, just to name a few. 

There are close to 7 billion people in the world at the moment. But right now, all I need is 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment