Thursday, February 3, 2011

Choice or Chance?

One of the most sought after or talked about subjects during Chinese New Year has got to be about horoscopes & feng shui. Although I do believe in the energy properties of feng shui (in relation to the magnetic resonance of the Earth's energy flow - I wonder if I got that right), I can't say I'm a big believer in horoscopes.

I'm not saying this because the Rabbit year seemingly does not favor my animal sign, the Rooster, but it's just that I have a hard time consigning my life to someone else's prediction of how it's gonna turn out.




I'm a firm practitioner of self-navigation. I believe that our fate is not carved in stone. Despite the difficulties, and the situations surrounding us, from our birth to our current living conditions, man always has a choice. It doesn't mean that being born into poverty will condemn a man into poverty forever. Too many of us stay walled in by our very own perception. Sure... we all start off differently in life. Some are rich, some are lucky, some are good looking... but we're all on the same journey. The secret is not to compete with others, but to rise beyond what we thought we could be.

I for one will battle it out with whatever life has in store for me this year. I will not give up.. I refuse to surrender to chance.. I will make my own choices. And if it doesn't work out the way I want it to.. I'll just make some adjustments here and there in order to get to where I want. How about you?


2 comments:

  1. Wonderfully said... Let's make this year and the upcoming years a success.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Especially for you who's moving down to KL.

    ReplyDelete